Kota Story: Fight with Sir in an Inorganic Chemistry Class

This might not be the most memorable or interesting but was made so by recalling and narrating it many times.

I was sitting in the front row of classroom attending my 12th class Inorganic Chemistry lecture. Though it was the topmost batch being taught by the best faculty around, I was never a studious creature and didnt really like that professor either. That resulted in creation of self entertainment by mocking the teacher or simply creating nuisance.
Just one such day :

Sir : "Hey XYZ, how were your marks in the recent exams"
XYZ : "Not so good. Could have been avoided if not for those silly mistakes I did"
Me (in a soft voice) : "Ye silly mistake kya hoti hai?" [I was referring to a dialogue by Bansal Sir in just one previous class. A1 batch people might understand]

There was a lot of muttering and chattering going on in the classroom, so when I said it, I thought it would drown. But when I looked at the professor and his gaze was straight upon me. Did I tell you he was famous for his temper?

Sir : "Kya bola tumne?"
Me (voice meek, shaking) : "Kuch nahi sir"
Sir (to the person besides me) : "Kya bola isne?" [Pin drop silence]

I looked at him. A short guy with specs whom I might not have talked more than a few times but still expected to stick to the student code of honour and deny everything.

Person besides me : "Isne bola silly mistakes kya hoti hai"

WHAT? Didnt anybody teach him anything at school !

Sir (smiling that wicked smile of his) : "Aaja beta idhar, batata hun silly mistake kya hoti hai?"

I will skip the whole lecture and come to the interesting part. By now the professor was angry and wanted to make an example of me for disturbing his class.

bansal classes fight with sir


Sir (taking the i-card hanging in my neck and flipping it around to see the address) : "Kota se ho tum?"
Me : "Nahi sir Local guardian ka address hai"
Sir : "Naam kya hai?" (flipping around the card in his hand)
I simply took the card from him, turned it around, put my finger on the label and swiped it along the name written on it.
When I looked back up at him, those eyes were burning coals, just waiting to rip me apart. I didn't realize for a few moments but he and everyone else had found that gesture disrespectful.

Sir  : "Bahar nikal jao! Ek hafte tak meri class mein mat aana! Silly Mistake kya hoti hai... huh? Ab pata chal gaya kya hoti hai! Out of the class!"

This was followed by a slow walk out of the small crowded class with every eye on me, some mocking, some disgusted, some even filled with respect (or so I would like to believe). Me? I was scared and humiliated but that soon changed into proud when I narrated it in front of friends :D.

In the end : 
Yes, I did not attend the classes for 3-4 days, then came back. This was not our only more-heated-than-normal encounter, some were related to chemistry and there was one about eating brains or something :D

The "person beside me" apologised via SMS and went on to become one of my greatest friends living 2 doors away in IITB for 4 years.

Comments

Adi Singh said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Kota Topper Story: Shitikanth IIT JEE 2008 Topper

The Most Brilliant Students of Kota Ever

How much You can get by Selling your IIT JEE RANK ??